The Featherston Walkways and Reserves Trust was founded to assist in care of local walking tracks and reserves. The map at left shows the tracks and reserves within the town of Featherston. The Trust works with the South Wairarapa District Council to enhance the management and stewardship of the reserves.
We've heard Featherston wants to know more about what the Featherston Walkways and Reserves Trust is up to. We apologise for not being more visible. We're sending this update around via a number of channels - please let us know if you've seen it too many times.
1) FWRT does have a website. This is it.
2) FWRT has final or draft action plans with Council for 3 of the town's 4 significant reserves, and the 4th is on the way. These are now posted here.
3) FWRT has completed a strategic plan. In the plan we establish three core goals: 1) Town reserves brought to desired state and maintained, 2) Volunteers and leaders establish a culture of action and stewardship, and 3) Fundraising and planning accomplished.
One future plan is to orchestrate events (such as walks and races).
Most importantly, our plan is to enable individuals and groups to get on with making Featherston recreationally amazing. The plan is on our website.
6) The next FWRT meeting is April 4. Get involved.
7) Current FWRT officers are: Graham Guy (Chair), Thava Guy (Secretrary) and John Philpot (Treasurer). Talk to us about FWRT.