5 Angels Time Trial Sunday 9th October.....mark your calendars..details here.........Click Here
SUMMER RIDING PROGRAMME
Tuesday Night Training Rides
- Departing at 6.00pm
1. Mount / Papamoa / Welcome Bay loop. Meet at AvantiPlus Mt Maunganui..
2. Oropi Rd - choice of Oropi / Ohauiti Loop, or Glue Pot Rd OR up to the school and back down Oropi. The faster groups will decide route on the night, the control pace group will do up to the school and back down each week. Meet at Renner Park Golf Club carpark.
Care is needed on both rides, particularly the ride from the Mount, as you will be on busy roads and travelling through many intersections.
1. All road rules apply, in particular giving way at all intersections and roundabouts.
2. Ride in single file
3. "Lap off" only to the left, regardless of wind direction, so you don't pop out unexpectedly in front of overtaking cars
4. Keep left
5. Riders at the front are the "eyes" for the entire group - make sure you let the group know if you are slowing or stopping for traffic and point out hazards on the road (pot holes, road kill, glass etc)
6. Front and Rear lights are required and make sure the rear light is on for the whole ride.
7. Display courtesy to other road users. Even if a car gives some abuse, don't shout back or gesture at them. No good has ever come from doing that.
Thursday Night Races
- Registration by 6.00pm if possible, race starts at 6.15pm
Meet on Te Tumu Road, Maketu, just past the Kelly Rd intersection.
3 laps of the Kelly Rd / Maketu Rd / Kaituna Rd / Te Tumu Road circuit..(33km in total)
Handicap start racing.
Entry fee $1 for members, or $5 for non-members.
This year you will be able to pay in advance for the whole season ($20 for current and prospective members) - Jackie will keep track of this and it will save scratching around for coins every Thursday night.
Spot Prize draw after the race each night.
A few rules:
1. Pick up your number and enter before your warm up if you can - makes life easier for the handicapper.
2. All road rules apply, give way at the intersections and one lane bridges if required.
3. Keep to the left half of the road - it is quite narrow in places.
4. Lights are required.
5. At the start / finish, keep off the road. Unless your bike is moving, stay on the grass.
See you out there!